Accelerate 2026 – A Five Year Economic Growth Plan for Chatham County.
As a local business leader, you know that smart growth and development are critical. The Chatham County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) developed a strategic plan with input from dozens of local stakeholders. We call it “Accelerate 2026.”
The EDC understands that building our local economy will emphasize workforce development, business retention and expansion, new business attraction, and additional jobs for our community. We will achieve our collective goals if we work together! Your engagement and individual actions will help us create the economy and community we all desire.
Accelerate 2026’s mission is clear:
To accelerate and elevate economic prosperity for all. To achieve this, we have developed an aggressive, five-year business plan that will require $800,000 to implement. The goals and projected economic impacts of this effort on our regional economy include:
- Creating 2,000 new private-sector jobs
- Target an average competitive wage of $45,000, to reduce out-commuting while at the same time considering the distinct dynamics present in Chatham County East and West.
- Realize $500,000,000 in capital investment
- Assist 200 new and existing businesses annually
- Increase Chatham County’s industrial and commercial tax base contribution from 8% to 14% with the expansion and addition of existing and new industries.
- Create a Spec Building Program and add 234,000 square feet of industrial space
We ask you and other business and community leaders to join as financial supporters of this effort. As a business leader in our region, we believe that you will benefit significantly through our collective success.
FIRST: Become more informed about the strategic plan and the expected benefits to your bottom line.
SECOND: Support this critically important effort as your time, interest, and resources permit.
THIRD: Allow us to acknowledge your interest in enhancing the regional economy by publishing your name and organization in our campaign materials and website as a supporter.
The EDC enthusiastically urges you to join us in making sure that our county’s economic vitality is bright for future generations! Become an investor today. Contact the Chatham EDC at 919-542-8274 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accelerate 2026 Investors
Ms. Chreatha Alston
Mr. Lee Bowman – The Legion Company
Mr. Doug Emmons
ECO TIP West LLC
Mr. Ken Mack
Mid-State Development Company
Mr. Antonio McBroom
Dr. Jennifer Platt
Saprolite Development Company
Mr. Jay Werth
Mr. Craig Wood
The Wren Foundation