The purpose of the Chatham County Small Business Fund is to assist small businesses in Chatham County with their recovery from impacts of COVID-19 restrictions as well as to stimulate investment and business expansion in Chatham County. By creating this fund, Chatham EDC will support the growth of the county’s entrepreneurial ecosystem, support existing business as well as early-stage venture growth, and stimulate an increase in job opportunities and the commercial tax base in Chatham County. Businesses receiving funding through this program will be encouraged to be good corporate citizens and encouraged to employ Chatham County residents.
- Small businesses with less than 50 employees
- Applicant’s business must be located in Chatham County within areas appropriate for their use
- Applicants and their businesses must not have any past due tax, fee, or fine in Chatham County
- Small Requests are considered requests that are less than $1500.00
- Large Requests are considered requests that are between $1501.00 and $5,000.00
Please review the full program guidelines, available here.
Important dates for 2021-2022 Application Cycle
September 1: Chatham EDC Small Business Fund (SBF) releases application and opens the 2021-2022 cycle.
October 15: Applications are due.
In the event that there are funds left over, Chatham EDC will announce another set of dates for a second round of funding.
How To Apply
Applications may be submitted via mail or online. Applications will be reviewed in the order that they are received.
Apply Online: https://airtable.com/shrwbVQrucGWFnuDY
Printable application: Chatham EDC SBF Application 2021-2022
If submitting via mail, please mail to:
Chatham Economic Development Corporation
P.O. Box 1627
Pittsboro, NC. 27312
Questions? Contact the Chatham EDC at 919-542-8274 or firstname.lastname@example.org.