Chatham County Small Business Center
The Chatham County Small Business Center is the lead organization for small business and entrepreneur support in Chatham County. The Small Business Center is located at Central Carolina Community College in Pittsboro. Chatham County Economic Development Corporation has a strong relationship with the Small Business Center and refers all small business assistance requests to the local office. The Small Business Center offers one-on-one counseling and free seminars on business topics, and as part of the national Small Business Center Network, has access to comprehensive resources.
Business Link North Carolina – Se Habla Español
Business Link North Carolina (BLNC) is a free service for anyone seeking to start a small business or in need of general business support in North Carolina. Through a partnership between the Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina and the North Carolina Department of Commerce, BLNC offers one-on-one phone consultations and can help entrepreneurs and small business owners navigate regulatory requirements, licensing stipulations, small business training and more.
Small Business and Technology Development Center
The Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) provides management counseling and educational services to small and mid-sized businesses. With its experience and knowledgeable business counselors, SBTDC helps businesses solve problems and make better decisions. The UNC-Chapel Hill office serves Chatham County.
SCORE is a national non-profit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals through education and mentorship. Its work it supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). SCORE offers confidential mentoring, business tools and templates and workshops.
Permitting pre-application meetings (also known as pre-development and pre-submittal meetings) are a business-friendly resource for businesses locating or expanding in Chatham County, Siler City and Pittsboro. Professional staff provides business owners and entrepreneurs the opportunity to review development plans and troubleshoot issues on a case-by-case basis. The meetings are specific to the geographic area and governing codes and ordinances.
These meetings are most effective when a specific property is identified. If you do not have a property identified (we can help!), the pre-app meetings can guide you with input about the type of property that will work for your business.
- Chatham County: Contact Janie Phelps at 919-542-8221 or email@example.com.
- Siler City: Contact Jack Meadows at 919-742-2323 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pittsboro: Contact Terri Buchanan at 919-533-5480 or email@example.com.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce
- Chatham Chamber of Commerce
- Pittsboro Business Association
- Pittsboro Power Professionals
- Main Street Pittsboro
- Siler City Merchants Association
- Wake Up Wednesday
Business Strengthening Partners and Programs
- Chatham Small Business Center
- Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
- North Carolina Department of Commerce
- North Carolina Military Business Center
- North Carolina Office for Historically Underutilized Businesses
- SBA (Small Business Administration)
- Small Business and Technology Development Center