Chatham Economic Development Corporation
Exceptional opportunity to join a winning team! On March 29th, 2022, the largest project to ever announce in NC chose Chatham County for their new EV plant. The Chatham Economic Development Corporation is now seeking a motivated and enthusiastic project manager to assist in the continued success of the organization’s strategic action agenda. Join our organization and become part of one of the most dynamic economic development regions in the #1 ranked state for business. The position has a broad range of responsibilities with direct involvement in the County’s economic development efforts, including leading the business retention and expansion program and supporting new business recruitment for Chatham Economic Development Corporation. The position reports directly to the President.
The Chatham Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is the lead economic development agency for Chatham County, North Carolina. The EDC is a 501(c)3 economic development non-profit based in Pittsboro and is a public-private partnership that provides support to relocating and expanding businesses and markets Chatham County as the preferred location for emerging growth companies. The organization is in the final stages of a successful capital campaign that will be an additional level of support over the next 5 years. Chatham is home to several large-scale development projects including two industrial megasites (Triangle Innovation Point & Chatham-Siler City Advanced Manufacturing Site), and Chatham Park, the largest mixed-use development in NC at 7,100 acres. Chatham County is experiencing tremendous growth and increasing opportunities for private investment and new job creation. This community is an active part of the Research Triangle Region and the Carolina Core.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the organization’s business retention and expansion (BRE) program.
- Assist with attraction and workforce readiness initiatives.
- Compile data and complete project RFIs from all sources.
- Assist with client tracking system, including inputting data and monitoring projects.
- Coordinate efforts with partner organizations such as Central Carolina Community College, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina, NC Small Business Center, Capital Area Workforce Development Board, NC Military Business Center, among others, to develop programs to support and grow all businesses and industry.
- Provide exceptional client service at all times.
- Assist in preparing reports as necessary.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain client and work-related confidentiality.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional work experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Good analytical skills required
- Strong customer service required, including listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively alone and in group settings
Chatham EDC employees enjoy Chatham County health and wellness benefits, 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation, and a 7.5% employer annual contribution to a SEP retirement plan.
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com by June 30, 2022.