Project Manager – Chatham Economic Development Corporation
The Chatham Economic Development Corporation is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic project manager to assist in the success of the organization’s strategic action agenda. The position has a broad range of responsibilities with direct involvement in the County’s economic development efforts, including leading the business retention and expansion program and supporting new business recruitment for Chatham Economic Development Corporation. The position reports directly to the President.
The Chatham Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is the lead economic development agency for Chatham County, North Carolina. The EDC is a 501(c)3 economic development non-profit based in Pittsboro that provides support to relocating and expanding businesses and markets Chatham County as the preferred location for emerging growth companies. Home to four large-scale land development projects including two industrial megasites (Moncure Megasite & Chatham-Siler City Advanced Manufacturing Site), Chatham Park, and Briar Chapel, Chatham County is experiencing tremendous growth and increasing opportunities for private investment and new job creation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the organization’s business retention and expansion program.
- Assist with attraction, small business/entrepreneurial development and workforce readiness initiatives.
- Compile data and complete project requests for information.
- Assist with client tracking system, including inputting data and monitoring projects.
- Attend the pre-application meetings scheduled by Chatham County, Siler City and Pittsboro for all relevant projects and build relationships with projects requiring Chatham EDC assistance.
- Coordinate efforts with partner organizations such as Central Carolina Community College, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina, NC Small Business Center, Triangle South Workforce Development Board, NC Military Business Center, among others, to develop programs to support and grow all businesses and industry.
- Provide exceptional client services at all times.
- Exercise a great deal of discretion when provided with highly confidential information.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Good analytical skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively alone and in a group setting
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements to email@example.com by July 31, 2018.